NSDC STAR Scheme: Ministry of Skill Development and Entrepreneurship (“MSDE”) had inaugurated STAR (Standard Training Assessment & Reward) Scheme on 16th August 2013 through the official website www.nscsindia.org. The official name for the STAR Scheme was National Skill Certification and Monetary Reward Scheme. The STAR Scheme was started by Government of India with an aim to encourage Skill Development among Indian Youth by providing monetary rewards for successful completion of approved training programs. The National Skill Development Corporation (“NSDC”) was the implementing agency of the STAR scheme. According to MSDE report, 1,400,848 candidates enrolled for STAR scheme as of 03 July 2015. And 1,400,844 completed the training programme and 1,362,296 candidates had completed the Training Assessment Exams. Moreover, 915,242 students had passed Training and 861,077 skilled students had got certified. The STAR was a target based scheme initiated to certify 10 lakh students with approximate total cost of Rs. 1,000 Crore.
NSDC PMKVY Scheme
After the closure of STAR Scheme, NSDC, Central Govt. of India, took up a new skill-based training scheme by the name of Pradhan Mantri Kaushal Vikas Yojana or PMKVY 1.0 which is currently operational as PMKVY 2.0, however, both functioned similarly on the lines of National Skill Certification and Monetary Reward Scheme (STAR). The Objective of PM Kaushal Vikas Yojana Scheme is to make better livelihood for Indian youth to take up industry-relevant skill training. The Slogan of PMKVY Skill India Scheme is Kaushal Bharat Kushal Bharat (कौशल भारत कुशल भारत). National Skill Development Corporation (“NSDC”) has implemented PMKVY Scheme 1.0, 2.0 all over India. The Skill India PMKVY Scheme is currently working through various Sector Skill Councils (SSCs), Training Providers (TPs) and independent Assessment Agencies (AAs). The official website of PMKVY is pmkvyofficial.org
Skill India PMKVY Courses List
- Apparel, Made ups and Home furnishing
- Automotive Skills
- Beauty & Wellness
- BFSI Sector
- Capital Goods
- Domestic Workers
- Electronics Sector
- Food Industry Capacity and Skill Imitative (FICSI)
- Gem and Jewellery
- Handcrafts and Carpet
- Indian Iron and Steel
- Indian Plumbing Skills
- Infrastructure Equipment
- IT/ITes Sector Skills
- Leather Sector Skill
- Media and Entertainment
- Mining Sector
- Power Sector
- Retailers Association’s
- Rubber Skill Development
- Skill Council for Green Jobs
- Skill Council for person with Disability
- Sports Sector
- Security Sector
- Telecom Sector
- Textile Sector Skill Council (TSC)
- Tourism and Hospitality
PMKVY Training Centers List 2021
Candidates who are willing to opt for any of the PMKVY skill development courses training will be required to check the list of PMKVY training centers as well as authorized training partners. The detailed list of PMKVY Partners & centers is available at the PMKVY Official site pmkvyofficial.org. Candidates can find the training center location by applying a filter on Search By Sector, Search By Job roles, or Search By Location options. After checking the list, the candidate can apply online to pursue for the relevant PMKVY Course as per their interest.
PMKVY Online Registration 2021
Pradhan Mantri Kaushal Vikas Yojana Registration Form 2021 is available at the official website www.pmkvyofficial.org. Following is the step by step process to register online for PMKVY.
- Visit the PMKVY official website at pmkvyofficial.org.
- Go to the “Quick Links” section.
- Cick the “Skill India” link option.
- Skill India Portal Website will open. Or Go directly at https://www.skillindia.gov.in/
- Select “Register As a Candidate” to start the Registration and then I “Want to Skill Myself Link”
- Enter the Basic Details i.e. Name, Date of Birth, Gender, Email,
- Mobile, Education Level etc.
- Enter the Location Details with Sector, Sub Sector, and Job Role Preferences.
- Fill the Associated Program(Optional) part (if any).
- Select whether you are interested in PMKVY Training, PMKVY Training & Placements, Paid Courses, Rozgar Mela.